We are seeking an accounting professional who is interested in helping to drive the management and growth of a 17-person professional accounting firm in Burnaby. If you are entrepreneurial and have a desire to help grow and develop a firm that has a diverse owner-managed client base and work “hands on” directly with business owners, this is your opportunity!
A-R Partners is an established CPA firm located in the Burnaby area since 2004. We provide accounting, taxation and client advisory services to our clients, helping them grow and succeed. Through our in-house tax department, we offer customized in-depth tax solutions, corporate reorganizations and succession planning. Our corporate clientele spans across many industries with small owner-managed businesses and larger multi-company organizations, providing our team members exposure to a variety of industries and the opportunity to work on challenging assignments. Many of our team members have been with us for more than 10 years, an asset in our ability to serve our clients with the standards of excellence they have come to expect from us.
We are looking for someone with a sense of urgency who is well spoken and demonstrates leadership. The successful candidate will be a personable, motivated individual that wants to turn a career into a business. If you are proactive and looking to work for a progressive firm that strives to lead the industry, please read on.
– Overseeing and managing client assurance and non-assurance engagements;
– Provide technical file review prior to partner sign off;
– Working closely with partners, staff and clients to deliver financial statements;
– Interact directly with our clients, bankers, lawyers and other service providers;
– Assist in workflow and production management;
– Provide recommendations on areas of efficiency improvement;
– Participate in the development of our team through engagement level feedback, mentoring, training, and leadership;
– Enhancing client advisory skills and delivering advisory services to our clients;
– Working closely with the firm’s partners and managers to grow and manage our client base.
Qualifications, experience, and attributes:
– CPA designation;
– Current experience in public practice for private enterprise clients including reviewing the work of others;
– Strong time management skills to meet deadlines and engagement budgets;
– The ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
– The ability to deal with issues in a fast-paced environment;
– Focused on delivering value to clients on a timely and proactive basis;
– Computer savvy and highly proficient in learning and utilizing software.
In addition to the above, we also offer employer-paid medical and dental benefits, professional development and dues reimbursement, winter break and flexible work hours.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please email your Resume and Cover Letter outlining your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing “Manager Position” in the subject line.
We strongly believe in the right cultural fit and therefore ask that you also complete personality profile questionnaire consisting of three assessments: DISC, Enneagram, and 16-Personality Type. This exercise will not take more than 10-15 minutes, is free, and can be accessed here. Once complete, please either download your Personality Poster (at the bottom of the Profile page) or print to PDF the three assessments and submit along with your Resume and Cover Letter.
Applications not including all information above will not be considered. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.