Assurance and Accounting
Whether you are looking for simple bookkeeping or high level financial audits, A-R Partners offers several levels of assurance and accounting services to meet your business needs — large or small.
An audit engagement provides the highest level of independent assurance with a professional opinion on whether an entity’s financial statements are fairly presented in accordance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). A-R Partners can take care of all your high level audit requirements for your private company in accordance with Canadian Auditing Standards (CASs). Audit services include:
- Analyze your business from an independent, objective viewpoint.
- Examine and evaluate your internal controls.
- Help improve efficiencies and growth of your business.
- Fulfill statutory audit filing requirements.
- Special purpose audits.
- Audits of specific financial statement items.
A review engagement provides a moderate level of independent assurance on whether an entity’s financial statements are fairly presented in accordance with Canadian Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Review engagements may be required by banks or other financial institutions when your business requires financing or bonding. In a review engagement, we rely primarily on inquiry, analytical procedures, and discussion with management in order to assess the reasonableness of your financial statements. The scope of work and level of assurance is less than an audit, and accordingly the cost of a review engagement is substantially less than an audit engagement. Services include:
- Analyze your business based upon discussion with management and other factors.
- Provide insight to key financial indicators, allowing your business to focus on desired growth.
- Provide appropriate reporting if considering future sale of business.
- Fulfill banking and investor requirements.
COMPILATION (Notice to Reader)
Most small businesses need standard financial statements, known as a compilation engagement or “Notice to Reader.” This level of financial statement is ideal for use in preparing your corporate income tax returns, and is often sufficient for the banks for low levels of financing. Services include:
- Compile all your financial records into useful, structured, and meaningful information.
- Create professionally prepared standard financial statements.
- Monthly, quarterly, or annual bookkeeping
- Payroll services and calculations
- GST Return and PST Return preparation
- Cash Flow, Working Capital, and Key Performance Indicator Analysis
- Financial Forecasts and Projections
- And more
A-R Partners can help you at every stage of your accounting needs, from simple bookkeeping to high level financial audits.